This is one of my all time favorite fall squashes! It is little and manageable, but oh so tasty! Sure, you can do fancy things with it but why bother? A simple roasting and you have a heavenly side!
- Two delicata squash, washed and cut in to rings (~1/4” thick)
- 1-2T. avocado oil or ghee
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1T. maple syrup
- 1/4t. paprika
- a pinch of cayenne
- 1/4t. basil
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- While it’s warming, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and slice your delicata squash. The skin can stay on, unless you prefer to remove it. I assure you it is indeed edible, as long as you wash it well first!
- Once your squash is ready, mix your dressings in a small bowl. This may just be your oil and sea salt and pepper, or it may include your upgrades. Either way, mix well.
- Toss the dressing over the squash and mix to coat well.
- Place the rings on the parchment paper and roast for 20-25 minutes, until browning at the edges. You may want to flip them over halfway through, though you do not have to.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving. Consider adding to your salads or rice dishes. Roasted greens of any kind always make a beautiful complement!